Saturday, September 15, 2012

Broken hearted....

This week has been very emotional and tearful. A couple that both Allan and I know very well lost their two year old son to an accidental gunshot. We attended the funeral today. We were reminded of our Savior's atonement and love for us. Little Linkin is in the arms of his Heavenly Father and will not have to experience the trials and evils of this life. His parents are devastated about his death, but they know that their family is eternal and they will rejoice with him at a future time in the celestial kingdom. We will continue to pray for our dear friends to heal from this tragic loss. We love you, Owen and Melinda.

My first mission companion gave me this quote by Khalil Gibran from "The Prophet". It has helped me through some difficult times in my life.

"And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears. And how else can it be? The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain."



1 comment:

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

You're such a sweetheart mom! I love you so much! Great example of Christ like love you have always been!