Monday, September 3, 2012

BROKEN FEET

Okay, so for 57 years I have been able to say that I have never had a broken bone.........until a week ago. I feel like a total klutz! Somehow, I fell while going down my porch steps, twisting and fracturing both of my feet. Two fractures on the left foot and one on the right, pulled ligaments and a lot of swelling. Now I get to wear these lovely walking boots and even sleep in them. The only time I can take them off is when I am sitting with my feet up or bathing. 
Even with the inconvenience this has been, I am grateful that it wasn't worse. When I fell, my hands broke my fall on the cement. I could have broken my hands or wrists too. So I feel blessed that I can still get around. I just have to put my feet up as often as possible. So maybe this is why I have been able to update my blog, because I have been sitting on my behind a lot. I am grateful that I have a job where I sit at a desk and I don't need to be on my feet much.
I am so grateful for Allan and my children. They have been great to help me by cooking and cleaning!




No comments: