Friday, March 16, 2012

Thanksgiving

I feel compelled to share some thoughts and feelings at this time about the things that I am so grateful for. I intended to post this at Thanksgiving time but didn't get it done. I feel a deep sense of gratitude for the bounteous blessings that I have in my life.
I am so grateful for my husband, Allan. He is a wonderful, righteous priesthood holder who honors his priesthood and uses it to bless the lives of his family and his YSA Ward. He loves me and I love him! We have been through many trials and sorrows, joys and triumphs together and these experience have brought us closer to each other and the Lord. I am grateful for my children and grandchildren. Our children are amazing people with awesome talents to bless our lives and the lives of others. They bring us so much joy and fulfillment. The kids have been so good to us and we love our grandkids! They help keep us young and active.
I am grateful for a great job with great benefits and wonderful people to work with. I feel very fortunate to have the job with Springville City and doing something that I really enjoy.
I am grateful for my beautiful home and the great community that we live in. We are so blessed to live in this land of promise with the freedoms and liberties that we have. I am grateful for the men and women who serve in the armed forces that protect our freedoms and the freedoms of others throughout the world. 
I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and for the great atonement that he did for us so that we may return to live with Him and our Heavenly Father some day. I am grateful for the scriptures (Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and The Pearl of Great Price). I am grateful for living, modern prophets who guide and direct us in our lives at this time.
Life is good and I am grateful for it! I have a little picture on my dining room table that pretty much sums it up:

1 comment:

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

Love you mom! Thanks for always being such a great example!! Love you so much!!