Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fun in the Appalachians

Today we had such a fun day! This morning we went to the Kangaroo Conservation Center in Dawsonville, Georgia. It is about an hour north of Atlanta. They have over 300 kangaroos there, along with birds, lizards, and other wildlife native to Australia. This is the largest concentration of kangaroos in one place outside of Australia. I haven't see a kangaroo since I served my mission in Australia so I really wanted to go. It didn't disappoint me. It was awesome.

After the kangaroo center, we entered "tourist attractions" on the GPS and we found the Cabbage Patch BabyLand General Hospital in Cleveland, Georgia. It was about 35 minutes further north. So we thought it would be fun to go there. This is where the Cabbage Patch babies are "born". It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen in my life (except for my own babies and grand-babies). We even saw a delivery there and they put the baby in the nursery. The people there watching got to name the baby. Someone yelled out Chloe and I yelled out Andie. So the new baby's name is Chloe Andie. It was really a cute place to see.

We were in the North Georgia Mountains which are in the Appalachians. It was a beautiful drive. It was too bad that it was raining hard again. We stopped in Dahlonega, Georgia which is a tourist town much like Jackson, Wyoming . We looked in some of the shops and had dinner there. Allan has been a little stir crazy because he gets so bored and feels cooped up in the apartment, so it was great to have a fun day.


Cabbage Patch BabyLand General Hospital in Cleveland, Georgia



Chloe Andie being born


The cabbage patch






Cabbage Patch nursery




Kangaroo Conservation Center in Dawsonville, Georgia


White Kangaroo


This pigeon kept putting its beak between my fingers and it tried to take my ring.






Kookaburra







3 comments:

Garner Family said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day! I am glad you guys were able to get out and see some fun things.

Anjali, Garrett and Kai Boden said...

Those dolls were cute. I wanna go to that place! : ) Glad you guys are having fun! Love you!

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

Oh that doll place is too cute! Looks like you guys had fun, We're so glad!!!! Miss you and Love you!